About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Literary Lacquers Sidewalk's End


"Growing up my house backed up to the Library in the city I grew up in. I spent a lot of time there, and not just because in the summer it was always nice and cool with central air. lol I got lost in the stores I would read; becoming the heroine, or the detective solving the crime. Often a sibling would have to come get me to tell me it was time for dinner. And after some serious hospital stays polish became a part of that equation; something to be immersed in like a book. A celebration of color, beauty and a story; yes, nail polish can do all that for me. It can give the color to correlate with my mood, it can sparkle and shine, even when I don’t feel sparkly and shiny. And it can represent something close to the heart with name, the color, even the finish; things like books, music, movies, places traveled. Sidewalk’s End represents the childhood memories of reading one of my favorite books as a kid. The grey of course represents the sidewalk; the place of neverending activity; hopscotch, squareball, rollerskating and so much more. The holo and the multi-colored flecks; the wonderful drawings, colorful poems, and stories that were filled with imagination and thoughts that were most likely lurking in many a youthful mind."

-LA Salzy's community collection paragraph/description.

Polish Information: This is Literary Lacquer's Sidewalk's End, another polish from her community collection. This one is intentionally thin, but I had to use 7 coats to get full coverage (my husband can confirm- it was hard to cover up the nails with this one!). It was a very pretty slate gray with a good holographic shimmer. Wear was good on this one- no chips, even after two days. I used Julep's top and base coats for this one. The glass flecks were a bit hard to see unless you were in the shade, so I tried to get a good photo...


Sidewalk's End, indoors no flash

Sidewalk's End, indoors no flash

Sidewalk's End, indoors with flash

Sidewalk's End, outdoors in shade- trying to get flecks to show (click to embiggen)

Sidewalk's End, indoors no flash

Final thoughts: This is the prettiest sidewalk I've ever seen! :-P It did have a pretty look about it, like the magical sidewalk you might imagine from your childhood. It was lovely- but be prepared to use an undie or a lot of coats to get full coverage! It is very (intentionally) thin! Aptly designed and inspired though- it certainly fits its name! :)

If you'd like your own, check out Literary Lacquers on facebook here or go to her shop here. Please note that this polish was sent to me for being a part of the community collection and for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3