About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Sweet Tea Polish Lightning Bugs


“I am but a firefly caught in his jar and when he looks at me, I can’t help but glow.”

-Kellie Elmore

Polish Information: This polish is by a newer polish indie brand, Sweet Tea Polish. It is part of the limited edition Halloween Duo. Lightning Bugs is described as "a sheer black with green holographic, silver and matte green glitters." It really looks like a very deep purple jelly to me and the glitters were very shiny! I did 4 thick coats to get close to full coverage. The application was smooth and the glitters came out easily. It arrived wrapped very cutely!

Sweet Tea Polish comes wrapped so sweetly with a Southern flair!


It was difficult to get my camera to focus on the polish and not get caught up in the holographic shine of the glitter! Anyway, on to the picspam!

Lightning Bugs indoors with flash


Lightning Bug indoors, no flash

Lightning Bug indoors with a slightly different angle
Lightning Bugs indoors, no flash!

Final thoughts: This was a pretty fun jelly and I love how easily the glitters came out! I think I would wear it over a solid next time, so I didn't have to do so many coats (4 thick ones took a LONG time to dry :-P). I loved the packaging! The bottle was pretty cute too. It definitely spoke to Halloween and was a fun one to try around the holiday!

As a note, this polish was provided to me for free for my honest review. All opinions are my own. If you want to snag your own, check out Sweet Tea Polish's etsy shop and facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3