About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Liquid Sky Lacquer Twilight Hummingbird



“If my love could be represented by a blur, it would be the beating of a hummingbird’s wings. Did you know that my love is the only love that can fly backwards?
”

- Jarod Kintz, A Zebra is the Piano of the Animal Kingdom

Twilight Hummingbird in its cute bag!

Polish Information: This is Liquid Sky Lacquer's Twilight Hummingbird, which is a holographic green/pink multichrome. Application was easy- 2 coats to full coverage and no streakiness or anything else! I used Butter London's basecoat and the Julep Freedom topcoat. I found the holo overpowered most of the color shifting, but it was there when it was cloudy or you weren't in direct light. It was a subtle soft pink in some lights and green most of the time! Anyway, on to the picspam!

Swatches outside in the shade (click to make bigger)

Swatches inside with bright lights (click to make bigger)

So, I took a picture with flash to show the holographic nature of the polish- side effect: it shows the purple shade. I took a bunch with flash, and always got that color! Here, I am showing two shots- the same shot with and without flash! So crazy!!

On the left- with flash; on the right- same shot, no flash

Just a bonus close up!

Final thoughts: Twilight Hummingbird is a great color for holo and multichrome lovers! The color change is a little more subtle on this one though, so bear that in mind if you like a strong multichrome! Application was perfect however, no undies required!

If you want your own, and I think you probably do, check out Liquid Sky Lacquer on facebook or buy it at her shop, here!  This is a seriously gorgeous multi-chrome!

Please note: This polish was provided to me for my honest review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3