About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Liquid Sky Lacquer Heavenly Hummingbird



“The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing.”

- Eric Berne

Polish Information: This polish is Liquid Sky Lacquer's Heavenly Hummingbird. It is described as "a silver/green/pink multichrome." Before I read the description, I was thinking silvery purple to green duochrome, with hints of a silvery green in between. Now that I know it's supposed to have silver, green, AND pink (I really see it as more of a purple though)- it makes a bit more sense! In some lights, I can also see a blue! As far as application goes, it seemed to have a bit more dry time and was a bit thinner/streakier than some of the other multichromes from this collection. This one just needed a little more finesse to apply. Once I got 3-4 thin coats on each nail, it was completely smooth and gorgeous. It dried very shiny, but I used BL topcoat (and basecoat) anyway. I waited a while (over half an hour), but I did smudge a couple nails, which tells me that the multiple number of coats I applied probably caused an extra slow dry time. For that reason, you might be better off using it as a topper (over black for maximum effect), but it does become completely opaque in 3-4 thin coats.



And on to the picspam! I'll again show a bunch of angles, so you can try to catch all the changes with the multichrome! It was such a rich, gorgeous green straight on, but had so much dimensionality to it...

angles of Heavenly Hummingbird outside (click to make bigger!)

Angles of Heavenly Hummingbird inside (click to see bigger)

Straight on, it's green!

In some angles it had a blue tint!

Most of the time, if it wasn't green, it looked purpley to me!

And a water droplets photo to show you some of the multidimensionality!


Final thoughts: This was a lovely multichrome with a good shift from green to silver to purple/pink! It did have a bit trickier of an application, but was smooth and lovely once you were done! All-in-all, for me it's another winner and a polish well-made.

If you want your own, and I think you probably do, check out Liquid Sky Lacquer on facebook or buy it at her shop, here!

Please note: This polish was provided to me for my honest review.  All opinions are my own!

1 comment:

  1. It is a beauty isn't it? :) Thanks so much for leaving a comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3