About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Liquid Sky Lacquer- Bird of Paradise



“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

-Stephen King, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption: A Story from Different Seasons

Polish Information: This beauty is Liquid Sky Lacquer's Bird of Paradise. In the description, she says "Birds are thought to symbolize freedom, as they walk on the earth, swim in the water and soar in the sky. They symbolize the link between heaven and earth. Bird Of Paradise is a blue/red mutlichrome." I love the description, but not nearly as much as I LOVE this polish!!! I have been wearing it for 3 days, it hasn't chipped at all, and I just can't stop staring at it!!!!! It's so much more than a blue/red multichrome! It's purple and it's yellow and it's blue and it's red and it's... everything!



Besides which, let's talk application! Some multichromes come as more of a thin topcoat, so you need to layer them over black. Part of this is because it's not a cheap pigment to add to colors- Liquid Sky Lacquer packed the base full of this pigment so you wouldn't need to layer it over black, and it really makes it an absolutely fabulous multichrome polish!! This was a two-coater to full, and I mean FULL, coverage. I did one very thin and one thicker coat, and I have no VNL at any angle, and the application was smooth and gorgeous! I also used butter LONDON's top and basecoats, but it had a shiny finish without the topcoat. I am seriously in love with this polish. To see these bigger, click on them! :)

Photos of Bird of Paradise with different angles indoors, no flash

Photos of Bird of Paradise, outdoors in shade


It's so difficult to capture the nature of a multichrome, so I am did mash-ups of a bunch of photos to hopefully show you how many different colors you wind up seeing with this beautiful polish! Next, I noticed you could get more of the colors in a photo if you did it with water droplets on the nails (the water forces the light to hit the polish at a different angle where it's located, and so reveals the color of another angle).

Photos of Bird of Paradise with water droplets to get different angles of light.

LSL Bird of Paradise with water droplets

LSL Bird of Paradise with water droplets


Final thoughts: This was an absolute winner and one of my new all-time favorite polishes (and I don't say that lightly)! I can't stop playing with it and admiring the gorgeous colors hidden in it. Application was amazing, and it lasted really well for a good number of days. It's a true winner in my eyes!

If you want your own, and I think you probably do, check out Liquid Sky Lacquer on facebook or buy it at her shop, here!  This is a seriously gorgeous multi-chrome!

Please note: This polish was provided to me for my honest review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3