About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Red Dog Designs- Pop Art Mickey

"Pop Art looks out into the world. It doesn't look like a painting of something, it looks like the thing itself."

- Roy Lichtenstein

Polish Information: This polish is Red Dog Designs Pop Art Mickey. It's a glitter topper with holographic silver Mickey Mouse shaped glitter (!!!!) as well as lot of fun neon shapes in pinks, yellows, blues, etc (stars, hexagonal, squares, round...). The base also has some small silver/holo type sparklies in it just to make it extra shiny!



Two coats Pop Art Mickey over 3 coats Zoya Phoebe


Application Information: It applied pretty well. I did have to dig for the Mickey glitters, but it was well worth it! The neon glitters came out without a problem and they were plentiful!! I think the Mickey glitters might just be a little heavier and so don't want to stick to the brush. First, I tried it over four colors (Sally Hansen Ivory Skull, Zoya Mitzi, Zoya Raven, and Zoya Phoebe). I think the pinks got lost over Mitzi and the Ivory Skull washed out the Mickeys. I wasn't sure if I liked the blue or black better, but I thought the blue (Phoebe) made it a little more fun and wearable for me!

Sally Hansen CSM- Ivory Skull; Zoya Mitzi; Zoya Raven; Zoya Phoebe


Base coats alone

Base coats with Pop Art Mickey over them.
With Pop Art Mickey!

Another shot of the colors with Pop Art Mickey!
And now just over Zoya Phoebe. I had to dig for Mickey glitters and I put them in the nail corners, but I think that was kind of fun (being in the corners)! Also, I kinda fell in love with the neon stars!!

Some fun bottle shots with 2 coats Pop Art Mickey over 3 coats Zoya Phoebe

Another fun bottle shot! In outdoor shade lighting...

Two coats Pop Art Mickey over 3 coats Zoya Phoebe

Two coats Pop Art Mickey over 3 coats Zoya Phoebe
Final Thoughts: This was a really fun polish and I really enjoyed wearing it! The neon glitters alone were super fun!! The Mickey glitters just made it even better! I wish it was easier to get the Mickey glitters out, but without too much of a fight, I did get some, so it wasn't that bad! Overall, this was a great, fun polish to wear!! I want to try it over black sometime, as that really makes the neon POP!

Please note: This polish was bought entirely by me, and all my opinions are my own. If you would like your own (and you probably do!), check out Red Dog Designs here and their shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3