About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pretty & Polished Tomboyish


“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”

― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

Polish Information: This polish is Pretty & Polished Tomboyish. It is described as a "color changer that goes from a dark teal when cold to a rainy blue when warm. It's a very laid back shade with holographic sparkle throughout. A fun and simple color changing polish for those tomboys out there!" It turned into a wear test for me, as I forgot to take pictures until 5 days into wearing it! You'll see some minor wear around my tips, but wow, did it hold!!

Tomboyish bottle bottom!

Bottle shot!!

Application was super easy and smooth. I did three very light coats without a basecoat (bonus: no staining either!) and butter LONDON top coat.

It changed colors right away, and my husband and I had fun playing with it! The change was pretty dramatic too:

Color change from cool to warm for Tomboyish
The holographic pigment was very subtle- it gave it more of a light shimmer than the usual strong holo, but since I was more interested in the thermographic abilities, it was awesome!!

For just a couple more shots of the shift:




Final thoughts: This was a fun polish to play with and I really liked it! It wore SUPER well and the color changing brought me loads of enjoyment too! I'd definitely recommend it.

This polish was bought entirely by me and these opinions are entirely my own. If you want your own, check out Pretty & Polished's shop here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3