About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Monday, April 29, 2013





“Whether or not you believe in fate comes down to one thing: who you blame when something goes wrong. Do you think it’s your fault - that if you’d tried better, worked harder, it wouldn’t have happened? Or do you just chalk it up to circumstance?”

-Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Polish information: This is 1 coat of Enchanted Polish Serendipity (very good coverage, though I ended up not liking the color much) with the "sugar spun" nails look in the Square Hue Groovy Love from the April box.  The sugar spun look took me a while to do. I looked at a bunch of tutorials on youtube before attempting.  For instance, here is one from Kat Stays Polished that I found helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZs_QK-RXLk  Though I would recommend watching a few (youtube search "sugar spun nails" to see a bunch) before attempting, so you can get a feel for it.

I am way too lazy to do full clean-up (and my cuticles are dry enough without more acetone), so I used cuticle oil in excess around the nails, and it did make clean up a bit easier.

I used a toothpick to do mine and wanted thicker stripes.  When I first finished, they looked like this:

        

However, when I used the Julep Freedom topcoat on my thumb, the lines all smushed together:




 I hated it, so I removed the thumb and free-handed a heart on it... so here was my finished left hand:



Please forgive the messy cuticles and not fantastic pictures if you can! Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3